Yesterday, I was having really strong sweet cravings. I also wanted to make hubby something tasty. But I also wanted to keep it healthy since I’m breastfeeding and focused on loosing my baby weight. So I looked in the frig and tried to be creative with the ingredients I had. I knew one thing. In...
How often do you tell people exactly what you’re thinking and feeling? For many people, this doesn’t happen all that often. We live in a society that constantly tells us to be polite. We’re also told that getting emotional is a sign of weakness. So we learn to stifle our true feelings. A great example...
A reader suggested that I write this post. It didn’t really occur to me that I’ve never gone into detail about how I’ve manifested quite a few things in my life I feel most blessed about today. Manifesting has become such an integral part of my life, I rarely think about it consciously nowadays. But...
I’ve heard so many people over the years say, “I’m not creative.” Ironically, it is the people who have the most creative spark and potential that utter these words. While it may be true that they are not practicing creativity, it is completely false that they are not creative. Usually, they’ve just suppressed this part...
I love kale chips! But the ones in the store tend to be a bit pricey at about $5-$10 just for one pack! And the packages are so small, Hubby, Skye, and I could eat them before we left the store. So I started experimenting with my own kale chip recipes. They are so easy...
1) I always bring a platter of fruit! This year I will be bringing persimmons. My first year raw I did just a plate of pears. Sometimes, simple is best and more enjoyable. ☺
2) My FullyRaw Holiday Salad!
3) A FullyRaw Cranberry Kale Salad: Stripped kale topped with raw dried cranberries (You can do these yourself in a dehydrator. I ordered mine online). I dress this salad with simple orange juice!
4) Green Bean Casserole: Sweet green beans cut in a casserole dish with red onion, sliced zucchini, basil, and sage. The coconut mushroom dressing is made with the juice of 1-2 young coconuts, the meat of 1-2 young coconuts, and 3-4 mushrooms (organic is preferred). Blend all ingredients into a high speed blender like a Vitamix, then pour over your casserole and enjoy!
8) My FullyRaw Turkey! Zucchini as the head with cranberry eyes. The turkey is an arrangement of zucchini, oranges, cauliflower, kale leaves (outskirts), green beans, cranberries, carrots, red leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, baby bell peppers, celery, and one slice of grapefruit.
I made the decision to stay home with my little one, Skye, when she was born. Going to work just didn’t seem worth it any more. I always wanted financial and time freedom, but her birth made me work that much harder toward accomplishing these goals.
It’s challenging going from the workforce to full time mommyhood. Everyone acts like it’s easy. But my definition of productivity has always been judged by what I contribute outside of the household. So my ego and self worth took a big hit when I no longer produced income.
I’ve learned to listen to my heart and surrender to full time mommyhood.
But my ego felt quite satisfied when I saw this graphic. lol. I definitely do all of these jobs and more.
2. Place the pitcher under the spout of the juicer.
3. First add half of the carrots into the juicer, pushing them down with the lid.
4. Now add the spinach and push it through the juicer. The spinach won’t yield a lot of juice.
5. Finally, add the rest of the carrots to the juicer. Their juice will help push the spinach juice through.
6. Once all the juice has drained out of the juicer, stir it up well.
7. Enjoy your digestive juice within 20 minutes so your body can absorb all of the live enzymes from the ingredients. You can also shake it over ice to serve it chilled. If you want to save your juice, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
This healthy juice makes use of the nutrients in carrots and spinach to activate the enzymes in your intestinal tract and aid in digestion.
Carrot juice contains the antioxidant nutrients beta-carotene as well as vitamin C, which boost your immune system, cardiovascular system and vision.
Spinach contains many beneficial nutrients, such as vitamins A and C, iron, potassium and beta-carotene. Its minerals are highly alkaline and can help regulate your body’s pH level. Spinach juice contains high levels of fiber, so it can help clear your intestinal tract of accumulated wastes while also repairing it.
Positive thoughts and gratitude are expected around Thanksgiving, but having positive thoughts and reflecting on what you’re grateful for on a consistent basis is proven to transform your life.
In this video you’ll learn how gratitude and positive thoughts will improve your life and kill self-pity, jealousy, bitterness, regret, and other negative thoughts. Having positive thoughts and being thankful on a daily basis is a mood booster that will change your outlook on life.
In a study, people who kept a gratitude journal and focused on positive thoughts for three weeks measured 25% higher on life satisfaction.
More and more information is coming out about Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance.
I’ve known for years that when I eat heavy gluten foods like breads and grains, my health suffers. I get fatter. My focus is off. I’m sleepy and lethargic and don’t have enough energy to live my life the way I want to.
So now that gluten-free is the new yuppy sensation, I’m happy that people are taking a closer look at this food and it’s effects on your health.
When you’re suffering from any ailment, diet should be the first place you turn. What are you eating? How is it making you feel?
The main goal of life is not to eliminate all of your problems.
It’s the challenges in life that makes it worth it.
We never think this when we’re going through it. We think, “As soon as I get past this, I’ll be happy.” But that’s never the case. As soon as you get through one challenge, you’re looking for the next. It’s just human nature. We love growing and developing. We love becoming better, bigger and stronger. Striving and reaching.
Comfort makes us bored.
Yet, every time life is hard, we seek it. We crave it. But as soon as we get it, it’s no longer enough.
Let’s learn to be happy in the quiet moments of striving and reaching. Learn to feel pleasure when we think we’re not enough or don’t have enough.
This is the key to happiness.
It’s the key to life.
This is what enables us to create extraordinary things beyond comfort. Things that make a “boom” in the universe. Things that satisfy our souls and not just our egos.
Check out this video. It will remind you of what life is really about.