We think our desire for sugar is natural because “it’s so good!” But the strong desire for sugar is an addiction.
Addiction is defined as the continued use of a substance despite negative consequences.
Pay attention to how you interact with sugar and the intensity of your need for it. Sugar is marketed to us in a light and fun way.
However, no matter what the commercials say, sugar should not be taken lightly. Artificial sugar poses the biggest threat to our health today We consume more sugar now than ever before in the history of humanity.
Refined sugar poses an even bigger threat. The more something is refined from it’s natural state, the less the body recognizes it, and the more harmful it is to the body’s ability to function properly.
When I fast, if I’ve been eating a lot of sugar, I have withdrawal symptoms. I believe sugar is a drug. It is highly addictive and is intoxicating similar to alcohol.
Some people are petitioning for sugar to be labeled a drug and not a food. I agree with this classification. Sugar, especially consumed in large quantities, is dangerous and should have a warning label on it.
Next time you go to the grocery store, check the ingredients of what you’re buying. Does it have high-fructose corn syrup (hfcs)? Don’t read the chart. Read the ingredients. Hfcs is refined sugar and your body can tell the difference.
Let me share with you 10 ways sugar destroys your health.
1. Sugar suppresses the immune system
2. Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, and rectum.
3. Sugar contributes to obesity.
4. Sugar can cause arthritis.
5. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
6. Sugar can cause headaches and migraines.
7. Sugar can cause depression.
8. Sugar feeds cancer.
9. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
10. Sugar disrupts the natural flora in the body, upsetting the digestive system.
Powered by Facebook Comments