I love coconut oil, especially this brand.
Here’s a list of all of the ways I use coconut oil:
1. Skin Moisturizer. I don’t use lotion or creams on my skin. After I take a shower, I rub coconut oil on my skin before drying off. It helps keep it soft and glowing even during the winter months. If I need something a little thicker, then I use shea butter, which has coconut oil in it.
2. Chapstick. It’s cold in Washington, D.C. right now so I carry some coconut oil with me in a small container and and use it to moisturize my lips. It’s better than lip gloss! I also use it at night and I wake up with kissable soft lips.
3. Hair Cream. Coconut oil has done wonders for my hair since I started using it. My hair has gotten longer and stronger. I use coconut oil a few times a week and as a pre-poo before I shampoo my hair.
4. Diaper Cream. My little ones’ bottoms love coconut oil. It’s the best diaper cream.
5. Deodorant. Coconut oil is antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial. So it keeps the underarms nice and fresh without the aluminum and other chemicals regular deodorants, and especially antiperspirants contain. Here’s a great recipe.
6. Prevent Stretch Marks. I used coconut oil on my skin the whole time I was pregnant and it helped prevent stretch marks. Check out my post pregnancy belly here.
8. Butter. Not only can you put it on your skin, but this oil is edible. I use it instead of butter. I use it in soups, on sweet potatoes, on toast. Anything that calls for butter or oil, I use coconut oil. It is really healthy to eat. Here are a few recipes that have coconut oil in it:
9. Bath Oil. Sometimes when I need a deep conditioning for my skin, I’m include a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in my bath water. It really penetrates the skin when added to a bath. Try it!
10. Massage Oil. As a massage therapist, I give hubby a massage from time to time, and I’ve uses coconut oil with a few drops of essential oils. It’s a great carrier oil! (This video will teach you the basics of giving a great massage!)
Powered by Facebook Comments