(posted with permission from Kate Northup’s blog, The Freedom Tour.) I love Kate’s 22 life lessons in this blog post. Each tip, if you integrate it into your own self care regimen, is an opportunity to fall more in love with your life.
There is not a better healer in our lives than self love and devotion.
Here’s what I know…
- Doing something for the money never ends up being worth it.
- If it’s not a hell yes, it’s a no.
- You are valuable because you exist. Period. (Or, full stop if you’re British.)
- You are enough. You always have been. You always will be.
- Your place of greatest ease and joy will also be your place of greatest service.
- It’s okay to sleep for ten hours or more a night from time to time. In fact, it’s critical.
- No accomplishment or moment of recognition will ever replace feeling loved, by yourself or anyone else.
- It’s not going to turn out the way you thought. It will be better.
- You know. You always know.
- The fact that it feels good is reason enough to move every day. The fact that it will tone your ass and make your waist smaller are mere side effects.
- Organizing your life around what feels good is the single wisest choice you can make.
- There is always going to be a small part of you that wants to please your mother, even if you’re not conscious of it, and that’s okay.
- Saying yes to someone simply because you don’t want to disappoint them is not only unfair to you, it’s unfair to them.
- Sleep, water, movement, greens, and a good cry cure almost anything.
- Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of. (Thanks Mom)
- Paying attention to your money is a profound act of self-love.
- It turns out that life is happening right now.
- Loving yourself more is the best place to start to solve any problem.
- You can’t judge and have an open heart at the same time.
- Nothing is random. Everything happens for a reason.
- Your body is wise beyond what you could possibly imagine. Listen to her. She will lead you home every time.
- Home is not a place.