It’s the most popular form of self-sabotage. It stops us from moving forward, making progress, and getting things done that could be vital to our future success.
So why do we do it?
I suppose it’s a mix of fear, doubt, distractions, feeling overwhelmed, or feeling underwhelmed and unmotivated.
Here are 7 steps I use that actually work in stopping procrastination immediately and keeping you focused and forward-moving. Try them out the next time you find yourself procrastinating.
7 Steps to End Procrastination
1. Identify it. Realize when you’re using excuses like “I’m tired” or “I don’t have time” just to put off doing something that’s really important to you.
2. Determine why you’re procrastinating. (e.g. you don’t want to write the article or paper)
3. What’s the feeling behind it? (e.g. fear, doubt, insecurity)
4. Imagine the worst thing that could happen. Then imagine yourself moving beyond it.
5. Break down what you have to do into smaller steps that are not so overwhelming.
6. Do one small thing right now, today.
7. Commit to doing one small thing tomorrow.
These are 7 simple steps you can take to end the pattern of procrastination in your life forever.
Remember, action is the final step in the creation process. Without it, you cannot manifest the life that you want to live.
If you found this article helpful, pass it on to others!