Do you moan and grunt as you drag yourself out of bed? OR, do you joyfully get out of bed excited about the day ahead?
Too many people open their eyes and bitch and complain before they even get out of bed. Moaning and groaning as they force themselves up and into their morning routine.
What kind of day do you think you will have when we get out of bed in such a regretful way?
How you wake up is a good indication of how satisfied you are with your life.
Let’s redesign this daily habit in order to help you be more joyful in the morning and live a more joyful life.
First, let’s take a look at why you get out of bed. The wrong answer is to go to work and make money. If this is your answer, you need to think bigger — a lot bigger.
Why do you get out of bed? What is the purpose for your life? Why are you alive?
If you’ve never asked these questions, you should start. If you use to ask them, but don’t anymore, than start asking them again. The people who are the most successful and who deliver the most service to the world, have the habit of asking these questions regularly and sometimes daily.
“I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls.”
Henry David Thoreau
Once you have a vision worth living for, you’ll have no problem waking up in the morning. (Read: How to Find Your Life’s Purpose)
Once you figure out your WHY, start putting together your HOW. How do you wake up in the morning. Here are some tips to help you get going in the morning:
- use music instead of a loud annoying alarm to wake up. In fact, put together a whole playlist of inspiring music to get you going.
- make a smoothie or a delicious breakfast the night before to give you something simple to look forward to when you wake up.
- Do some physical exercise in the morning to really get things moving. Soon, you’ll crave movement and high energy in the morning.
- Read an inspirational text for 5 minutes or less. (Read: No#1 Way to Stay Inspired)
- Meditate (Read: Sunrise Meditation)