When I was pregnant, my nails were so beautiful!
They were long and strong. Ahhh, the beauties of prenatal pills and pregnancy hormones.
Since giving birth, they slowly have regressed back to normal.
Now they start breaking off right at the point when they are almost perfect. Don’t you hate that! You almost have the perfect set of nails on both hands and one day, when you aren’t paying attention, one nail breaks. And not just a little bit. It breaks all the way down to the finger.
So here’s a treatment that I remember doing a few years ago that works really well. I’m going to give it a try now and pray my nails become revitalized.
Things You Need
The only thing I am using is olive oil and a glass bowl. But you can use any small glass container that will fit all five of your fingertips at once.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil (use more if you need to).
- small towel.
- small glass bowl (big enough to fit your fingertips at least.
- (optional) 5 drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil.
What to Do
1. Fill up your glass bowl with 1/4 cup or more of olive you. You need to be able to cover the entire nail bed with olive oil so use as much as you need to do this.
2. Heat up a pot of water. Once water starts boiling than turn off the heat.
3. Place glass mason bowl in boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes, allowing olive oil to heat up.
4. Remove glass jar of olive oil from hot water and place on a flat, leveled surface. Leave for 1 minute to allow to cool some.
5. Place one hand in bowl of olive oil. Slowly, at first to be sure it’s not too hot. Leave in olive oil for at least 5 minutes.
6. Repeat with the other hand.
7. Use a towel to dry off excess oil. Feel free to rinse hands with water. I do not. I like the feeling of olive oil on my hairs!