In 1989, Viesti Associates produced a poster listing The Ten Indian Commandments. They are based on the assumed values of Native Americans. They really focus on connection to the earth and to a higher, divine power.
We’re so use to having commandments and rules about what we should not do. It’s nice to have a list of commands for what we should do.
Life is the most precious thing we have. The only reason we want money, love, relationships, careers, and everything else it to make our lives more fun and rewarding. Never allow yourself to become attached to the results of life. Remember that life itself is the thing of value, not the treasures it produces. Learn to fall in love with the source of all desire and happiness — life.
I love these commandments because they teach us how to remain connected to life and all the beauty it represents. If you follow these commandments, each moment of your life will become more fulfilling and joyful.
The Ten Native American Commandments
1. Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
2. Remain close to the Great Spirit, in all that you do.
3. Show great respect for your fellow beings.
4. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind.
5. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
6. Do what you know to be right.
(But be careful not to fall into self-righteousness)
7. Look after the well being of mind and body.
8. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
9. Be truthful and honest at all times.
(Especially be truthful and honest with your self)
10. Take full responsibility for your actions.
Want to print these out? Download the file below. Print it. Place it somewhere you can see it often to remind yourself of a divine way to live in harmony with yourself and the divine nature of all life.
Powered by Facebook Comments